woensdag 28 augustus 2013

I Played 18 Holes Out After We Got Taylormade R11 Driver Tuned Up

After we got the R11 Driver tuned up, I played 18 holes out and was verypleased that the performance on the range translated very well to the performance on the course. The big news about the TaylorMade R11 driver is the amount of adjustability that is built into the club. I hit the ball straight 95% of the time. The club looks great, I've never had an issue of glare from my drivers but I'm definitely a fan of the white non-glare finish. The adjustable hosel is the same adjustable hosel as the R9 driver, however the labeling has changed. One thing I don't like and I'm not sure if it's a manufacturer defect or if it's by design, but the TaylorMade logo on the top of the crown isn't centered over the clubface nor is it over the sweet spot. Instead of Left and Right on the hosel indicating a closed or open face, the hosel says Higher and Lower referring to the ball flight. It's about a 1/4 inch closer to the heel of the club. For every degree the face is closed, it raises the effective loft of the driver, and conversely for opening the face. I couldn't find any information explaining why this is, but if i come up with something, I'll pass it along. The R11 driver can be adjusted up to 1 full degree from its standard loft by adjusting the shaft. Typically this would be a good aiming tool, but since it's closer to the heel you'll find that your shots travel further to the right or left than you intended. The new ground breaking adjustment that is an industry first is the adjustable sole plate that actually changed how the driver sits on the ground at address. I have to say, my favorite new technology with the R11 is the Adjustable Sole Plate. If you are a player who hovers the club above the ball then the sole plate will not have any effect on the shot. I've had a few different adjustable drivers in my time and it is always a pain if you want to make some adjustments because it requires unscrewing the club head from the shaft and finding the correct setting you want to try out. The TaylorMade R11 driver comes in two different configurations like all TaylorMade drivers, a standard version and a Tour Preferred model. If the shaft isn't marked clearly you can spend quite a bit of time fiddling with it to get what you want. With the ASP, you can keep the loft of club the same and it's much simpler to unscrew the bottom plate to close or open the club face. There is no difference between the heads, however the TP driver has a premium shaft. ThereĆ¢€™s only three setting that are clearly marked and easy to adjust. The TP shaft list is extensive and offers all types of shafts with different weights, torques, flexes, and bend profiles to custom fit all different types of golfers. As you can see from the stats I posted above in this review, with the proper fitting, I was able to reduce my spin rate over 1100 rpm and the result was a much straighter ball flight that resulted in 13 more yards in distance. The stock shaft is a proprietary Fujiskura Blur shaft weighing in at 60 grams. The shaft has a medium-low torque of 3. 5 degrees and creates a mid to mid-high launch. The Taylormade R11 has been one of our most successful drivers in 2011 and we're expecting sales to continue based on appearance, adjustability, and performance. So if you have a moment and you loved or hated the review, please let me know. s Don't miss our TaylorMade R11 Irons review.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten